Thursday, April 9, 2020
This month, we’re excited to introduce five new features that have been added to Ellington CMS. Below, you’ll find information discussing how each one works, the benefits offered and how customers can access them.
- Ellington API - Ellington now has a complete REST API available. For those seeking App development and needing content, or for integrations with third party systems to be able to read or write to Ellington, not a problem. The API is available for deployment on Ellington 3.0 upon request. Speak to your project manager to have it enabled.
- Multi Site By Lines - For those team member that wear multiple hats, Ellington now supports different roles on different sites. An editor on one site can now also be listed as a staff writer on another site. New methods for how to retrieve this info in your site are available as well as new fields in your Staff Application in the Ellington 3.0 Admin to set up the various roles.
- syncAccess Single Sign On Integration - For clients who wish to use syncAccess for Paywall and Circulation Integration, Ellington now has Single Sign On available to allow your users an easy way to subscribe, receive their editions in the mail and still use all the features and functionality of Ellington. Speak with your project manager if you wish to enable single sign on with syncAccess.
- Paywall Preview - As an addition to the Ellington Paywall, you can now have your project manager enable and configure Paywall Preview. This allows you to setup a defined amount of each story to display before your inline paywall is shown, essentially adding a "Subscribe to Read More" option.
- Apple News Integration - This integration allows you to send content directly to Apple News via their API. If you would like this integration enabled, speak to your project manager and they can walk you through setup.